Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Another let down...

     Yes dear non-readers, my latest job prospect failed. I got a second interview for a position within a growing company. It really bites when you prepare for an interview, and within five minutes you realize the job you thought you were interviewing for is different from the one you were told you were interviewing for. This has not been the first time that the rules of the game changed when I get down to the final interviews.
     It is such a waste of time for all parties involved when the job description does not contain all of the desired abilities the interviewer wants. I would have not minded so much if this was the initial interview. However when you get to the second or third one, don't add requirements that you did not initially desire. Understand, I have been on the other side of the table. I know that when you get candidates that are equal, you must figure ways to separate out the chaff. Although I have done that, I have never added abilities or changed the description.
     And no, I would not want to accept a job where the employer would interview candidates for a position that differs from the posted description. That's a problem with integrity. You want your employees to have integrity, but you don't possess the same qualities?

 Anyway, I continue on with my quest.

No comments: